Don't Play DFS...at least not with more than a couple of bucks. I've continued to play and I've discovered two reasons why I should stop (I've taken all my money out but $20).

1. The amount payed to the house is way to high at 20%
and new for 2016
2. It is nearly impossible to find actual players on the sites anymore. You are nearly always facing a computer.

Between the Legal Issue and the Playability issue, there is no room for the casual player. It's no longer a sucker bet, it's simply throwing your money away.

7.08.2015

Yahoo enters the DFS World

I was looking forward to this for a while, and was surprised to see it pop up on my Yahoo leagues screen.  Yahoo has been, in my opinion, the best spot for year long fantasy, so I believe they will soon be a formidable force in the DFS Universe.

New sites always are a bit tricky to manage the first time you see them.  So it's a little harder to find your way around the site than I had imagined it would be.  I joined the big kickoff Free Roll tomorrow, which I'm sure I'll detail soon, but I thought I'd list my first impressions.

But first because it took me way to long to find, I wanted to post Yahoo DFS baseball's scoring rules at the bottom of the page.

My Initial Impression prior to playing any games:

Pros
  • Two pitcher format which is a better strategic game than one pitcher formats
  • Nice seamless movement between daily and season long formats on the site.
  • Website looks like FanDuel and Victiv had a baby, but clean and easy to use.
  • $200 salary cap is a nice nod to the yearlong auction formats (would've been cooler at $260)

Cons
  • Still the incredibly high monster 20% rake off winnings like the other big sites.
  • Doesn't appear to be any initial deposit bonuses at this time, unlike every other site out there.
  • Big 8 point bonus on the pitcher side for the most difficult to predict stat of Wins.
  • Weirdly, a base hit, walk or double all have the same value (So 8 doubles = 2 Wins??) After writing this I noticed that a H is worth 2 pts, not a base hit, so a 2B is worth 2pts plus the 2pts for the H or 4 points, which makes much more sense, the win thing is still larger than normal.

I'm really disappointed in the combination highest rake in the industry without a deposit bonus. Yahoo must believe their base is strong enough to carry them.  I had hoped, because of the deep pockets of the company they would blaze a trail and charge a fair rake.  Someone has got to realize that you can't just mint new DFS players every day forever.  Someone has got to try to be the place players want to play.  The Loan shark level rates Yahoo, Fan Duel, and Draft Kings charge virtually guarantees that 3 out of 4 players will walk away from the game as losers or in disgust.

 It still takes a 55% win rate to break even and nearly a 70% win rate to return a just a Quarter on a Dollar.

We'll see how it goes.  Some folks believe competition makes things better over time.  A strong DFS player like Yahoo in the mix has got to help then right?

Yahoo DFS Baseball Scoring Rules

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...