Don't Play DFS...at least not with more than a couple of bucks. I've continued to play and I've discovered two reasons why I should stop (I've taken all my money out but $20).

1. The amount payed to the house is way to high at 20%
and new for 2016
2. It is nearly impossible to find actual players on the sites anymore. You are nearly always facing a computer.

Between the Legal Issue and the Playability issue, there is no room for the casual player. It's no longer a sucker bet, it's simply throwing your money away.

5.31.2015

Daily Fantasy NASCAR (With Crashes and Cashes)

I had enough confidence in the strategy I discussed about NASCAR last time, that I decided that I would go ahead and put a little money where my mouth is.  I entered a $3 20 player 50/50 and a $1 tournament where the top prize was $800.

I want to reiterate that I know absolutely nothing about NASCAR, I just looked at the numbers provided my Draft Kings and tried to find best value at 3 slots, best driver at 1, and best average my remaining money could afford to fill out the five.  And here's my lineup"


This group was good enough to cash in both matches.  I was even rated within the top 50 until Kyle Busch was taken out with less than 25 laps to go, dropping from +60 ish to -7.25 in about 5 minutes.  You think a blowup pitcher hurts, this swing was 10x as crazy. And if your car gets wrecked Draft Kings has a patronizing little upside down car graphic which I'm sure will antagonize others besides me. Considering my luck with Pitchers, I should've known I'd figure out a way to get a driver into the negatives.  This hurt worse than David Peralta, who was in 6 of my 12 baseball lineups getting injured on his first AB.

Anyway, turning $4 bucks in $7.90 out is nothing to sneeze at.  If Busch had finished the race the number would have been north of $20.  The score was good enough for 223rd place outo of 2300.

I don't like Auto Racing, but there's an extra appeal to Daily Fantasy NASCAR that's becoming more evident.  It's only been around two weeks: in baseball, basketball, and football, some of these players have years on you.  In this "sport," and in this moment, everybody is on a pretty much the same footing.  The parameters of the game fall into a good category of Daily Fantasy Sports with High Scoring and solid Race to Race predictability (outside of crashes).  I will probably never watch the sport, but I will play this again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...