Don't Play DFS...at least not with more than a couple of bucks. I've continued to play and I've discovered two reasons why I should stop (I've taken all my money out but $20).

1. The amount payed to the house is way to high at 20%
and new for 2016
2. It is nearly impossible to find actual players on the sites anymore. You are nearly always facing a computer.

Between the Legal Issue and the Playability issue, there is no room for the casual player. It's no longer a sucker bet, it's simply throwing your money away.

8.19.2015

Victories on Victiv....

Not the biggest pile of money, but beggars can't be choosers.

58.35 should be good enough for a clean sweep, but I got paired with someone who put together a lineup better than me.

They do this interesting thing with Head to Heads on their site.  You put your bet into a blind pool and they pair you up randomly with another player.  On my $5 bet, I got you standard run of the mill sort of player who put up a very respectable 46.35, but the $2 bet fellow either really knows what they are doing or got extremely lucky (I'm thinking the former).  He managed to put together a lineup with Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers, plus Bryce Harper. Anyway, this quirk of Victiv, is something I'm pretty fond of, none of that weird trolling for the presumed weakest link based on something you might glean from an online moniker. Greg Bird might be a name I need to get to know.

And it serves me right for not checking whether Lonnie Chisenhall actually got the start.  And since the $5 guy who got paired with yours truly is have the same emotions I'm having tonight, you might say what goes around comes around pretty fast in DFS.

Another interesting note is something I hadn't noticed about the Pitching Scoring on Victiv.  You choose a Pitching staff. not a pitcher, so you get credit for relief work.  So that means Extra Innings normally means extra points for your team.  I don't know how to predict extra inning games, but it's something to chew on going forward.  An end of game factor, that might be comparable to other site's magic 4 points for a win at the end of a game. However, it helps if your Pitching Staff doesn't just cough it up in the 10th like mine did tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Quick question: Do you ever use websites like e.g. https://www.dailylineups.com/ for further information on lineups, etc.?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...